Valerie Harris PT, DPT, OCS, CKTP
• 2018 Advanced Hip Clinician Hospital for Special Surgery
• 2014 Advanced Hip Clinician Hospital for Special Surgery
• 2012 The Discover Physio Series
• 2004-2010 Adjunct faculty at Touro College
• 2003 Certified Pilates for Rehabilitation Polestar
• 2002 Board Certified in Orthopedics, re-certified 2012
• 2005 Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Touro College
• 2001 Advanced Masters in Clinical Orthopedics
• 1984 BS Upstate Medical Center
Dr. Harris has been practicing physical therapy for over 30 years. She works with patients across the lifespan from pediatrics to geriatrics, treating diverse musculoskeletal and neuromuscular conditions. Her specialty is foot and ankle dysfunction, lower back and neck pain, thoracic and rib dysfunction, and hip pain. Dr. Harris evaluates the entire individual and looks for the primary driver and compensations that may be the cause or result of the patient's pain and/or dysfunction. By addressing faulty movement patterns and postural habits she is able to change the imminent problem and prevent episodes of pain and dysfunction that may occur in the future.
Valerie promotes a team effort between referring physician, therapist and patient. Compassionate yet direct, she is a devoted advocate for her patients healing, and their return to being back in the game of sport and life.
As both a clinician and educator she is passionate about learning and continues to take extensive postgraduate courses in orthopedic manual therapy. Dr. Harris has post graduate certificates from Discover Physio, Integrated Manual Therapy Solutions, and the Institute of Physical Art.
Valerie’s treatment philosophy is “it’s not what you can’t do, but what you can do without pain.”