Donny Chan, PT, DPT, MSCS, CKTP, LSVT BIG Certified Clinician
• 2022 Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation Certified
• 2021 HSS Rehabilitation Preservation Certified Clinician
• 2019 & 2020 Guest Lecturer at Dominican College, Department of Physical Therapy
• 2019 LSVT BIG Certified Clinician
• 2017 Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner
• 2016 Multiple Sclerosis Certified Specialist
• 2014 Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Touro College
• 2007 Bachelor of Science in Health Science, Stony Brook University
Dr. Donny Chan received his Bachelor of Science from Stony Brook University and received his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the School of Health Sciences at Touro College in New York City.
Donny’s clinical experience involves working with patients with orthopedic and neurological dysfunctions. He utilizes a biomechanical assessment along with functional movement analysis to uncover faulty movement patterns in order to determine the root-cause of a client’s symptoms. His treatment approach incorporates manual therapy techniques and neuromuscular re-education to retrain areas of injury to restore optimal health and function to each client.
For individuals with neurological conditions, his approach centers around the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF) model. He identifies primary body areas of impairment that directly impacts activity limitations and participation that can be addressed with specific therapeutic interventions to maximize independence with daily activities.
Donny believes that one can never stop learning. He is currently pursuing an advanced manual certification through the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy (NAIOMT) to continue advancing his skill set. In addition, Donny serves as a guest lecturer at the DPT program at Dominican College, lecturing on Neuropathophysiology in the Clinical Medicine course. He is also a part of the faculty at Touro College, serving as a Teaching Assistant for their DPT program in the Modalities and PT Examination courses, respectively.